Democrats have always been the party of early voting. That’s fitting, considering early voting is a joke, just like the Democratic Party. But now, thanks to the result in the recent Montana congressional race, some on the left may be rethinking the whole early-voting process.
Voting is something most Americans take for granted, if we think about it at all. But to citizens of many countries around the globe, it is a high honor and privilege. Recall the celebrations and elation of the people of Iraq who triumphantly waved their purple ink-stained fingers in the air. It was a sign of their first ever opportunity to vote in a free election, where no one was guaranteed 99 percent of the vote. (The other 1 percent was never heard from again.)