I Saw Lincoln at the Theatre

A rare TV appearance of the last surviving person to witness the assassination of Abraham Lincoln’s assassination has turned up on YouTube.

The video is from a February 1956 episode of the TV game show I’ve Got a Secret.

The show involved a notable person with a celebrity panel whose job it was to guess the secret behind what made the guest so famous.

The video begins with host Garry Moore walking backstage to help an elderly man make his entrance.

The man, who has a bandage on his head,  introduces himself: ‘Samuel J. Seymour. I’m from Maryland.’

Moore explains that the man had fallen down some stairs in his hotel room and gave himself a black eye.

‘We urged him not to come onto the show tonight as a matter of fact. We finally got in touch with his doctor, and the doctor said it was up to Mr Seymour. Mr  Seymour said he wouldn’t miss it, so here he is,’ Moore says to  applause.

The secret flashes on the screen: ‘I saw John  Wilkes Booth shoot Abraham Lincoln (April 14, 1865).’

Mr Seymour appeared on the show about two years after his story was written in the pages of the Milwaukee Sentinel, in which he recounted the day Lincoln was assassinated.

Moore, speaking for Mr Seymour, said that the  man, who was five years old at the time, did not realize Lincoln had been shot,  only that he saw a man jump from the balcony.

That man, of course, was John Wilkes Booth,  the assassin.

‘I was scared to death,’ Mr Seymour  says.

Although the celebrity panel was able to  guess the secret, Mr Seymour was given the $80 prize and a can of Prince Albert  pipe tobacco for appearing on the show.

Mr Seymour died on April 12, 1956, about two  months after appearing on ‘I’ve Got a Secret.’

Attribution: Mail Online

Olbermann, Pompous Ass or just Misunderstood

Liberal talk show host Keith Olbermann changed car services eight times in the year he was at Current TV, complaining his chauffeurs ‘smelled’ and even ‘talked to him’ in the car, according to reports. Oh, the horror.

The left-leaning network founded by former presidential candidate Al Gore, fired Olbermann, it’s biggest star and the host of its signature program, last week for breach of contract.

Sources close to the TV channel have begun leaking claims about Olbermann’s behavior that give hints about why the host of ‘Countdown’ was given the ax.

Olbermann has promised to sue the station after it cut short his five-year, $50 million contract. He fought back against the firing, saying Current didn’t make good on its ‘promises and obligations and investing in a quality news program.’

Mediaite cited anonymous sources as it reported that Olbermann had Current staffers change his car service eight times since he began work at the network last February.

Olbermann, who cannot drive, complained that some of the drivers ‘smelled.’ Others ‘talked to him.’

The network publicly cited unauthorized absences, failing to promote Current-TV, and disparaging the company and its executives as its public reasons for cutting ties.

Among the other gripes are claims, from Mediaite’s source, that the network built a $250,000 custom-designed set for Olbermann’s signature show. When the set had lighting trouble in December, Olbermann told the crew he wouldn’t use it anymore.

He also instructed guest hosts not to use the set, either.

Olbermann also refused to allow the network to promote the show when he wasn’t hosting it and prohibited the staff from sending out tweets when he was absent, according to Mediate.

Olbermann left MSNBC in January 2011 after the network declined to renew his contract. Some have speculated that this was a result of his suspension for making undisclosed donations to three Democratic Congressional candidates in 2010.

Shortly after he left, Current-TV, a newly-launched liberal TV news channel, hired Olbermann as its prime time star.

With Olbermann’s departure, Current announced it had hired client number 9, disgraced former New York Gov Eliot Spitzer to replace him.

Attribution: Mail Online

The Road They’ve Traveled

Glenn Beck uncovers the origin of The new Obama campaign documentary, or propaganda film. It is truly chilling.

If you do nothing else, watch the video discussion by Beck and his crew at the end of the article. It is a real eye opener.

Link to it here

Obama & 2016

Dinesh D’Sousa will release his movie 2016 which demonstrates life in America under a second Obama presidency. If we think the Obama administration has been destructive, wait until he has no further worries about running for another term. Obama’s game plan can be taken directly from one of the books he allegedly wrote, “Dreams From My Father.

As will be pointed out in the video below, the words “From My Father” instead of using “Of My Father,” unlocks the thought process’ for this very complex individual. His father was an anti-colonialist and a Marxist. Obama certainly seems to be following “his fathers dreams.”

Attribution: Jim Campbell