A new article published in the journal Nature is reporting promising results from a landmark Phase 1 human trial testing a novel vaccine designed to help a patient’s immune system better target brain tumors. The data suggests the experimental vaccine is safe and stimulates a significant immune response that slows tumor progression. A larger Phase 2 trial is currently being planned.
- Over the course of four nights in 2019, several unidentified drones visited U.S. Navy destroyers off the coast of California.
- The drones, although seemingly harmless, displayed an obvious interest in the destroyers.
- The Tic Tac-shaped objects were reportedly similar to the UFOs that Navy pilots observed in 2004.
Four years after we interviewed one of the engineers tasked with realizing it, Norway’s remarkably ambitious Stad Ship Tunnel has finally been given the thumbs up. Slated to begin construction next year, the tunnel will cut through an entire peninsula, allowing ships to bypass Norway’s most hazardous shipping route.
- The U.S. Air Force has expressed interest in a new, non-stealthy fighter jet to replace the F-16.
- Several aviation experts have banded together and invented a new jet out of thin air.
- The result, the F-36 Kingsnake, would use the F-22’s engines, place less of an emphasis on stealth, and use digital engineering.
Advances in transparent solar cells mean that soon we might be able to install them into windows and greenhouses. But in the latter case, would they deprive plants of vital sunlight? To find out, researchers at North Carolina State University grew lettuce under various wavelengths of light, and found that the plants did just fine.
The Acoustasonic series started out as Fender’s moon shot at re-inventing the acoustic guitar for the modern age, but its ambitions quickly expanded to become much broader. Equipped with three different types of pickup and a built-in digital signal processor, these next-generation guitars let you flip through 10 different sounds, acoustic and electric, before you even touch your toe to a pedal.