Professional photographer and brains behind some of the original Instagram filters, Cole Rise, has shared his advice on taking pictures with MailOnline.
These are the tips you should follow to ensure you capture super shots this Christmas.
1. Learn what all the setting and features on your phone’s camera do.
2. Try and frame your photo, using the background to enhance the main point of focus.
3. Download photography apps to enhance your camera’s core features.
4. Think outside the box and use feature in ways they weren’t designed for.
5. Don’t just point and shoot, work unusual angles to get a unique perspective.
6. Just because you have dozens of filters at your disposal doesn’t mean you have to use them all at once.
7. When sharing your photos, don’t overdo it. This will make them all feel less special.