AeroVironment has unveiled its latest loitering missile unmanned aircraft system for the US Army and other customers. Based on the Switchblade 300, which was deployed with US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan in 2011, the Switchblade 600 is larger with increased capabilities.
- The United Kingdom has developed a new drone devoted strictly to battlefield combat.
- The drone uses sensors and machine vision technology to detect targets.
- Once located, the drone can blast away at the target with twin shotguns.
- The guided missile destroyer USS Kidd was recently spotted flying a Jolly Roger flag.
- The flag is a nod to Rear Admiral Kidd’s nickname, “Cap,” itself a reference to the notorious Captain Kidd the pirate.
- The Navy destroyer is adorned with the skull and crossbones of the Jolly Roger, from the flag to steel doors.
from Breitbart (via the Tatum Report):
Exclusive–Nearly 800 Military Family Members Sign Open Letter in Support of Trump
Nearly 800 military family members — including Gold Star families — have signed an open letter to voice their support for President Donald Trump, in the face of attacks in the mainstream media on his patriotism and care for the military.
The first Armored Multi-Purpose Vehicle (AMPV) from BAE Systems is ready for delivery to the US Army. On August 31, 2020, the first of the vehicles that will replace the Army’s Vietnam War-era M113s rolled off of the production line.
One of the constants of the modern military is that some equipment becomes obsolete before it’s even finished being deployed, while others remain in service for decades. Now, it’s the turn of the US Army’s vintage M113s to make way for the new AMPVs, which are being manufactured in five variants as part of the Armored Brigade Combat Teams (ABCT Network Modernization Strategy. Based on a common design, each of the AMPV variants draw on technology developed for the Bradley Fighting Vehicle and the M109A7 Self Propelled Howitzer, and the Army will accept 450 of the machines under the present contract.
Despite what some will insist, this is not an election year ploy. This is a 2016 campaign pledge that the president has every intention of fulfilling.
from the Daily Wire:
Trump To Pull 2,200 Troops From Iraq, Plans Draw Down In Afghanistan
“The sacrifice has been great, but the progress has been significant”
DARPA has announced that its unmanned Gremlins X-61A air vehicle has completed a second round of aerial tests at the US Army’s Dugway Proving Ground in Utah. In late July 2020, the agency completed multiple air-vehicle ground and recovery tests as part of the Gremlins program to develop drone swarming systems.