The Innocent Saudi Student

by: the Common Constitutionalist

Saudi student injured in Boston blasts doing well, says father

ARAB News

Friday 19 April 2013

Last Update 20 April 2013 3:35 am

JEDDAH: The father of the 20-year-old Saudi student who was injured in the deadly Boston blasts has said his son was indeed questioned about the explosions but only as a routine procedure.
Ali Alharbi, speaking to Saudi media on Wednesday, said his son Abdurrahman was just one of more than hundreds people of various nationalities who were questioned by investigators looking into the blasts that killed three people and injured more than 170 others.
Abdurrahman was watching the Boston Marathon on April 16 when two bombs placed in trash bins exploded. He sustained injuries in the body.

Another Saudi, identified as Noura Al-Ajaji, was said to have sustained a slight injury and was declared out of danger.

On Wednesday, Alharbi tweeted on Abdurrahman’s Twitter account and said his son was now out of danger and is receiving excellent care at the hospital where he is confined.
He also posted pictures for Abdurrahman, including one showing the student with the Saudi consul general in New York, Azzam Al Gain, during the official’s visit at the hospital room.

Abdurrahman had been a hot topic among US media, with one article published by The New Yorker, titled The Saudi Marathon Man, questioning whether he was the victim of racial profiling.
Reports have it that while Abdurrahman was in hospital being treated for his wounds, a “phalanx” of officers and agents and K9 unit searched his apartment.

“What made them suspect him? He was running — so was everyone. The police reportedly thought he smelled like explosives; his wounds might have suggested why. He said something about thinking there would be a second bomb — as there was, and often is, to target responders.
“If that was the reason he gave for running, it was a sensible one. He asked if anyone was dead—a question people were screaming. And he was from Saudi Arabia, which is around where the logic stops. Was it just the way he looked, or did he, in the chaos, maybe call for God with a name that someone found strange?” said the article authored by Amy Davidson. End of ARAB News Article

 

The article states that hundreds of people were questioned. That may be true, but the authorities snatched only Abdurrahman Ali Al Harbi. And only he was determined to be such a threat that a section 212, 3b was issued on him.

So what is a section 212, 3b designation?

The event file section 212, 3b designation was written into the Patriot Act. It is the highest terrorist watch list designation and is reserved for terrorists only, not just suspects or people of interest. It is so serious that the authorities, per the Patriot Act, must bring the suspect’s name and evidence for the designation before a government security panel for issuance of the 212, 3b.

They must’ve found something on this young innocent. Remember, this all happened after his home was searched for upwards of nine hours.

So we are supposed to believe that Homeland Security went to all this trouble to place a 212, 3b on him and that the event was simply revoked.

As far as anyone or I can find – no one has ever been issued a 212, 3b designation on them and had that designation removed – unless they’re dead.

Oh, and by the way; when the authorities went to issue the 212, 3b they found something odd. There was already another event file open on him. It may not have been a 212, 3b, but because of the process they have to go through, event files are not opened on innocent people. (unless they’re Christian or conservative. Just a little humor).

So Al Harbi obtained a student visa to specifically attend school in Ohio but never attended. He made it to Boston and stayed. This is significant for two reasons. First, that he was allowed in this country or allowed to stay when he was already a person of interest.

Second, and even scarier is that he is not the only one. 75,000 visas are issued to students from Muslim countries per year. Of those 75,000, 15,000 never show up at the school they are assigned. That’s 20%!

Remember, it took only 19 to take down the twin towers and damaged the Pentagon.

And we still don’t know where this young man is. Boston, Saudi Arabia, where?

Marco Rubio Called Out For “Lying Like Democrats” About Immigration

I told you all this a while ago. Rubio has become a RINO on immigration. However I feel about him regarding any other issue, I can never support him for a higher office, if you know what I mean. Anyone who thinks he can work with the likes of McCain, Graham, Schumer, etc. has lost my respect.

 

On Wednesday, author Ann Coulter blasted Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) for his  support of the immigration reform bill which is being put forth by the “Gang of  Eight” that he is a part of.  Her headline was classic Coulter, IF  RUBIO’S AMNESTY IS SO GREAT, WHY IS HE LYING?”.  In it, she proceeds to  expose the obvious problems with the Florida Senator’s proposed immigration  legislation.

“When Republicans start lying like Democrats, you can guess they are pushing an  idea that’s bad for America,” the conservative author wrote.  “During his  William Ginsburg-like tour of the Sunday talk shows last weekend, Sen. Marco  Rubio was the Mount Vesuvius of lies about his immigration bill.”

Coulter pointed to Rubio’s appearance on Fox News Sunday, in which he explained  the powerful border-enforcing mechanism, which he denied was merely a  meaningless goal.  He said, “Basically, Homeland Security will have five years  to meet that goal. If after five years, Homeland Security has not met that  number, it will trigger the Border Commission, who will then take over this issue for them.”

Coulter then sarcastically commented, “So the water torture awaiting the  Department of Homeland Security if it fails to secure the border is … ANOTHER  GOVERNMENT COMMISSION WILL BE CREATED! Take that, Homeland Security! Ha — we  have you now! The only thing more frightening than ‘another  government commission’ is a ‘strongly worded letter.’

Coulter is correct.  I’m sure DHS is quaking in their collective jackboots  over the threat that if they don’t meet a demand in five years they will be  threatened with another commission that will simply offer rhetoric.

Continue Reading

 

Mayor Ignores Possoble Sleeper Cell

Boston Mayor and U.S. Establishment Press Ignoring Marathon Bombing ‘Sleeper  Cell’ Reports

 

An unbylined  Associated Press report (graphic saved  here) appearing at ABC News (time-stamped 9:51 a.m. at  the AP’s main national site; graphic saved  here) reports that Boston Mayor Tom Menino appeared on ABC’s “This Week” and  said, in the AP’s words, that “the suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing acted  alone.”

The brief AP report’s third paragraph then has Menino saying, again in AP’s  words, that “another person was taken into custody” after “a pipe bomb was found  in another location.” This apparent inconsistency seems to be an attempt by the  mayor to minimize the degree of homegrown “sleeper cell” concerns, especially in  light of reports containing a cascade of contradicting details which follow the  jump.

At the  UK’s Daily Mirror News (bolds are mine throughout this post):

Boston bombers: FBI hunting 12-strong terrorist “sleeper  cell” linked to brothers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar TsarnaevPolice believe the pair were specially trained to carry out the  devastating attack

The FBI was last night hunting a 12-strong terrorist “sleeper cell” linked  to the Boston marathon bomb brothers.

Police believe Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev were specially trained to  carry out the devastating attack.

More than 1,000 FBI operatives were last night working to track down the  cell and arrested a man and two women 60 miles from Boston in the hours before  Dzhokhar’s dramatic capture after a bloody shootout on Friday.

Continue Reading

Russia asked FBI to Investigate Bomber Just 6 MONTHS Ago

After being spotted with ‘a militant’ on trip to Dagestan: Was it this known  terrorist who Boston killer liked on YouTube?

 

Speculation is growing that one of the Boston  bombers met a known Jihadist terrorist in 2011 – as it emerged the FBI failed to  follow up on a Russian tip that he was seen with an Islamic militant six  times.

On a YouTube account widely believed to  belong to Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, there are two videos on a playlist called  ‘terrorists’ created five months ago that since have been deleted.

Both videos appear under the name, ‘Amir Abu  Dujana rabbanikaly’ which is also the name used by Gadzhimurad Dolgatov, a  notorious Dagestani terrorist.

Investigators are pouring over the YouTube  account to see if they can confirm whether Tsarnaev had any links with Dolgatov,  who was killed by Russian security forces in Makhachkala in December 2012, after  a fierce gun battle.

These latest revelations question the  adequacy of the U.S intelligence community, who failed to spot the national  security threat posed by suspect Tamerlan  Tsarnaev and his younger brother Dzhokhar, despite the repeated  warnings.

Two grabs of videos believed to have been deleted from Tamerlan Tsarnaev's YouTube account that are reportedly of Gadzhimurad Dolgatov - a Dagestani jihadist who died in 2012 after a vicious stand-off with Russian security services
Two grabs of videos believed to have been deleted from Tamerlan Tsarnaev's YouTube account that are reportedly of Gadzhimurad Dolgatov - a Dagestani jihadist who died in 2012 after a vicious stand-off with Russian security services
 Two grabs of videos believed to have been deleted from  Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s YouTube account that are reportedly of Gadzhimurad Dolgatov  – a Dagestani jihadist who died in 2012 after a vicious stand-off with Russian  security services
 

On Sunday, a Dagistani police official source  revealed toNBC  News that the Russian  internal security service contacted the FBI in November with some questions  about Tamerlan and handed over a copy of a case file on him.

The 26-year-old Chechen, who was living in  the U.S. after being granted refugee status in 2002, first caught the eye of  authorities after he was spotted meeting with a person involved  in the militant Islamic underground movement in Dagestan. They met at a mosque on  six occasions, the source said.

The source told NBC the militant and Tsarnaev disappeared before authorities  could speak with them; they added that the FBI never responded. A senior law  enforcement official said that the FBI’s earlier investigation did not turn up  anything and they did not have the legal authority to keep tabs on  him.

Continue Reading

 

Ricin Letters Sent Dy Democrat

Yet Another Democrat Tries To Assassinate An American President

The would-be assassin, whose fame I will not contribute to by writing his name, sent letters laced with ricin to Obama and to Republican Senator Roger Wicker. Inhaling the toxin is deadly, and all it takes to kill a human is an amount 1/288 the size of an aspirin.

A picture of the man, a white guy whom I will henceforth refer to as John, surfaced on the Internet (where pictures are wont to surface). It comes from his Facebook page and shows John kneeling down beside the back bumper of a car, which has a sticker on it that reads, “Christian and a Democrat.” John is giving the sticker a thumbs-up.

However, his Facebook page lists his political views as “Independent.” So the fact that he gave a pro-Democrat bumper sticker a thumbs-up and also tried killing a Democratic president likely means he is one of those people who feel that Obama is too moderate, that the Democratic Party is not suitably liberal, and therefore has registered as an Independent.

Continue Reading

Issa Tells CIA: Plan for Massive Benghazi Probe

Escalating his investigation of the deadly terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi last year, Rep. Darrell Issa warned CIA and other government officials Wednesday to lawyer-up in preparation for a massive probe.
 
The California Republican who chairs the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee sent letters Wednesday suggesting that some witnesses lawyer up before being called to testify, The Hill reported. He also suggested that some witnesses should be prepared for retaliation from their employer, depending on their responses.
 

“Some witnesses may be required to retain personal counsel to represent them before the committee and in the event the agency subsequently retaliates against them for cooperating with the committee’s investigation,” the California Republican who chairs the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee said in separate letters to the CIA, State Department, and Pentagon.

Issa said some witnesses have already been cooperating with the investigation into the attack that killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans on Sept. 11, 2012, the Hill reported.

 

“During the course of the investigation, numerous individuals have approached the committee with information related to the attack,” he wrote in the letters.

Continue Reading

Obama Slashed Domestic Terror Budget

Have you seen this anywhere in the mainstream, drive-by media? No? And I’m sure you won’t.

from the UK Dail Mail:

Obama administration has SLASHED budget for domestic bombing prevention by 45 per cent, says former Homeland Security Assistant Secretary

 

Barack Obama’s administration has cut the budget nearly in half for preventing domestic bombings, MailOnline can reveal. 

Under President George W. Bush, the Department of Homeland Security had $20 million allocated for preventing the use of improvised explosive devices (IEDs) by terrorists working inside the United States. The current White House has cut that funding down to $11 million.

That assessment comes from Robert Liscouski, a former Homeland Security Assistant Secretary for Infrastructure Protection, in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombings on April 15 that killed three Americans and injured at least 173 others.

He told MailOnline that the Obama-era DHS is, on the whole, about as well-positioned as it was during the Bush administration to handle the aftermath of the April 15 bombings in Boston, ‘but the Obama administration has continued to cut the budget for offices such as the Office for Bombing Prevention from $20 million started under Bush, to $11 million today.’

Continue Reading